Symmetry (almost)

In photography, symmetry is usually avoided.  Balance, however, is necessary in almost all successful photographs.  I love this image because it is nearly symmetrical but I consciously changed my angle to make it slightly askew.  Also, it is a representation of how the main subject can be in the middle of the frame and still be interesting.  I love the details such as the reflection of the towers framing the pink lilly and the concrete bed beneath the water that adds angles to the image.  The contrast of the pink petals against the cool tones of the water and the lily pads invoke a sense of foreign beauty and tranquility to the scene.  This tranquility, for me, is achieved by centering ones self and finding balance within.  All of the elements of this photograph help to support such a claim.

Comments

  1. Jenny,

    This is the quintessence of "from Muck to Lotus," the paradigm of Buddhist philosophy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm eagerly awaiting more photos...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts