Elements as the Subject


If men on earth knew what thunder was, they would turn into ashes and dust.



This shot was taken from an airplane window.  The lighting, composition, and depth are all strong influences in this frame and are more of the subject than the clouds themselves.  At first, I was bummed that I wasn't able to capture a very sharp image, but the softness of the edges have grown on me as they accentuate the wispy atmosphere portrayed here.

This image depicts one of my favorite scenes. Viewing clouds from above always marks the beginning of some sort of adventure.  Amazingly, such journeys begin with becoming airborne- a feat once thought to belong only to gods and birds.  Skies are no longer the limit but I have still to join the masses of people who have come to intimately know the many wonders of our world from a grounded perspective.  Though my time will come soon enough, I find myself impatient with anticipation.

Comments

  1. Nice shot! Every time I try doing this I'm seated at a scuffed or dirty window. Where was this flight headed to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have that problem too... or there's a big wing in my way. This time, on my way to North Carolina, I got lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts