Self Portrait II


A multitude of people also think that I am from somewhere in the Middle East or even India.  This is an interesting concept because there are two lifestyles of women that come to mind when I think of these places.  The first is the woman in burka or full sari and the other is the belly dancer.  As I was taking these pictures, I had originally had the head draping up around my face so that only my eyes showed.  In this shot for some reason I had just let it fall.  Even though this is a pretty blank stare portrait on my part, I like it because of the bare shoulder that is beginning to peek from beneath the folds of fabric.  I do not judge the women who choose by their own right- and not the will of men to wear burkas or full saris, but I couldn't do it.  I am a transparent person.  My emotions are perfectly visible in my face for all to behold.  This translates into my thoughts and my actions and definitely in the way that I present myself to the world.

Tomorrow will reveal the true meaning of these words.

Comments

  1. What is your dearest wish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I think you are beautiful! I have been taken for Hispanic, Greek, &Italian by those who are, usually forst generation in this country or when I traveled in Mexico many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture almost made me cry because it reminded me of the drawing that you would have given me had it not been destroyed. But beautiful - truly! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts