Some fun quotes from Connor and mine's adventure...


Yes, and they all start with the word 'Connor,' so:

Connor and I were sitting at a glass hut bus station in Rainbow Beach.  The town was so small that not a single car was driving past us on the road but the lean-to we occupied was packed with every color of canvas backpacks and their human-mule counterparts.  The night previous I had gone on a date with an Aussie-American with Scottish heritage and the beard to prove it. 
 “I think my nose got sunburned.”
Connor’s stare moved from his hands to my face.  “Ya, it’s a little red.  I don’t think that it helped that you made out with a guy with a lot of facial hair either.”
“True.  It was like making out with a porcupine.  The underside is soft, but if you catch it at the wrong angle you get poked.”



Connor was sharing with me a fun fact after we had watched a movie where the main actor had to remain without sleep for several days.
“Sleep is really important; more so than food.  In ten days without sleep you die.  It takes three weeks to starve.”  This gave me a whole new understanding as to why, after several long days, I’d rather curl up in my bed and die rather than eat something. 



Connor and I were sitting on our last bus ride and reminiscing about the past several weeks.  We had gotten into only one true verbal fight and our quibbling had surprisingly been kept to a minimum.  Earlier that day, however, we had gotten on one another’s last nerve and Connor had walked out.  By the time he had returned from what had apparently been his lunch break, we were back to being best friends.  After trying to remember what we were fighting about in the first place he remarked: “I build up this big thing in my head and think of all these great things to say and just get all pumped up for the huge fight and then I eat and it’s like ‘Wait; what was I going to say?’”



Connor sat beside me on the second hour of our twelve-hour bus ride rummaging through his sack and muttering about whether he should read, watch a movie, or listen to music. Riding empty handed and with ears wide open I commented “Ya know, when I was younger on buses and planes I would immediately resort to technology or a book to keep me entertained.  Now I just like to twirl my hair an look out the window.”
Connor, having not been enticed by any of his options sat up and replied “Yah.  I feel like if we don’t look out the window we’re going to miss something important.” 



Connor had left his only long sleeved shirt at the edge of the hot tub the night before.  Early the next morning he realized his mistake and went in search for it.  He returned in a few minutes, shirt in hand.
I looked up.  “Good, you found it.”
“It’s such a good shirt.  It waited for me all night,” he said. 
I flipped the page of the book I was reading and remarked “It’s so hard to find loyal shirts these days.  They all want to run off with the next person they see. 
He paused, then “But it’s shorts that you really have to worry about.”
“They’ll disappear with your pocketed wallet.” 
Connor scoffed.  “And socks are the most disloyal of all clothes.  They disappear and three months later you find them back in your drawer.” 
“Yah, begging you to wash them of their filth.  Socks are sluts.”

Comments

Popular Posts