Museum of Modern Art, Brisbane

I found this statue hung over a pedestrian intersection on our way to the Brisbane Art Museum utterly mesmerizing. 
There were also Australia's bottle trees which hold a great deal of water, like a bottle, and even look like a bottle.

The Museum of Modern Art in Brisbane is overall alright, but it's main attractions, in my opinion, are the rooms in which you can add dot stickers to any surface you can think of, even yourself, and the massive rooms filled with tiny wonderlands made of sugar and sand.  I think they add the sand to deter people from licking them.

Robert and Connor enjoying a spot of tea.  Get it.  Oh, I think I'm so funny.
And I think I can play the piano...
Doesn't Connor look like a little boy in a room full of sugar?  Wait a tick.  He IS in a room full of sugar!
Some of the sugar-sand sculptures up closer.
 Just something I thought was cool.
And something I thought was quite odd.  A young boy sitting quite proper and painting on an iPad rather than a canvas.  What is this world coming to?  

Comments

Popular Posts