Impalalalalala

Though I will forever love zebras, my new favorite African animal is the impala.  And not just impalas everywhere, just the ones in Lake Nakuru.  The lush greens of Nakuru contrast dramatically with the red coats of the impala.  When standing next to Grant's or Tomson's gazelles, the deep red causes the other gazelles to look drab.  Impalas in this region are just studs; they're stunning, they're, dare I say it, even sexy animals.  

So handsome.


 Here are all of the ladies.  Herds consist of many females, their young, and one male who chases them to no end during the mating season...

Case in point.  Now, I also want everyone to know the awesomeness of this photograph.  For the unphotographic eye, this image just seems blurred in parts and in focus in others.  That is not the case.  Everything in this photograph is intentional, very hard to accomplish, and involved a lot of luck.  I had to slow down the shutter speed and pan with the running male and female gazelle as they passed all of the other stationary members of the herd.  Even more difficult was the fact that I had to pan directly in time with their movements to get this effect.  This is a very awesome picture and I'm stoked I got it.

Comments

Popular Posts