Everyone just did another picture swap from our time in Kenya and I thought you might enjoy seeing more of me doing what I've been doing. 

Natrual resource availability transect map.  We were the lucky group that got to walk towards Kili all day.  It was the first day without a cloud in the sky and Kili had gotten snow the night before.  It was beautiful.  Be around 3pm though, all the snow had melted.  It's very sad to know that the glaciers that support this ecosystem will be gone in the next ten years, maybe less due to global warming.

Isaac, one of the local kids I played tag and hide-and-seek with daily.

My group during our official census of wildlife in Amboseli National Park.  The data we collected goes in to a large data base and is used to monitor the health of the ecosystem here.  Though walking in a National Park is illegal, the armed guard we had with us said it would be okay to get out and check out this elephant skull.  Pretty cool.  

Andrew and I all dressed up for the first time.  We're heading out to go to a traditional Maasai wedding, something of a great honor and luck to be invited to.  

The wedding.  

Our first day in Lake Nakuru.  I was so excited to see so much green!

Lodge time is always nice, especially with beautiful, fun, interesting, and smart friends.  

I'm sure you've noticed Emily (middle) in multiple pictures by now.  She is one of the most fascinating and beautiful people on this trip.  Sarah (left) is also a southern belle, such a sweetheart and always friendly to everyone.  Both of them are wonderful and know how to get things done when they need getting done.  

        I really enjoy lodge time.  I'm a water-holic.  
There was a small group of us that went out to climb Oloisoito.  It was a great day full of storm clouds.  When it's hot and dusty every single day, a day of rain here is not tranquilizing like it is back home.  Instead, it is invigorating. 

Comments

Popular Posts