My Favorite RAP

RAP stands for Reflection, Announcements, and Presentation.  RAP is done every night here after dinner and is led by one of the students.  Usually the R and P are a combination of reading quotes, stories, talking about our experiences, etc. and P is usually a game.  Games are fun but they get kind of old when you play every night. 

Naomi led one of my favorite RAP sessions last night, though.  The days preceding her RAP she went around collecting pictures of people’s parents.  Last night she projected them in front of everybody and we all had to guess whose parents they were.  It was so much fun and so great to see where everybody comes from.  I love looking at people’s families and had to refrain from playing for many of the rounds.  I already knew many of their faces and which peer they belonged to from asking to see pictures of people’s families earlier in the program.  People love showing pictures of their family just as much as I do. 

Mom, Dad, if you’re reading this, this is what people said about us:  we are a great looking family- that Mom you’re beautiful and Dad you’re a stud.  Some people said I have your face Mom and others said I look just like you Dad, and some people got it on the nose- that I look like a perfect mixture of both of you.


Comments

Popular Posts