The Furry Scurry

The Furry Scurry is the largest dog event in the United States boasting over 5,000 dogs this year alone!  I was responsible for one of those dogs, Kyla.  I was housesitting her and her two brothers.   She is still a puppy and so I thought she could use the experience.  After my 530am-8am volunteer shift ended I returned to the house, picked her up, and brought her to the event.  She was intimidated by most of the dogs because she hasn't been put in a lot of socialization situations in the past and there was just so much stimulation.  This monstrosity is put on by the Dumb Friend's League, which is a animal rescue, shelter, and support organization.  The day's largest event is a walking and running race that people can enter with their canine companions but the event also brings in hundreds of vendors, companies, nonprofits, educators, volunteers, etc.  It's a good thing we got there early because by 10am the place was packed so Kyla and I met a friend and headed home.


Comments

Popular Posts