(Conno)Rina

Oh Rina.  What to say about our Rina, Rina, Connorina.  First and foremost, congratulations!  This is Connor's last day of high school- thank God!  We all thought this day would never come.  Well, what we all thought was that May 17th, 2011 would come and go but Connor would be left behind to think back on this day years from now and wonder why he didn't put the effort in to graduate.

He is so very different from me.  He is the same as me in the respect that he is very intelligent, very capable of doing well in schoo (I'm pretty modest, huh?)l, but he just doesn't apply himself.  Forget not having a passion for school, he has a passion against school and it is this passion that endangered him.  In today's society, you are nothing without a high school diploma.  Many would argue that the same is true of a college degree but if there is a will, there is a way, and I hope Connor will find it.

He is a promising woodworking craftsman.  His creation of bowls out of beautiful wood retain the natural grace and elegance of the natural material  but also display the excellent but simple craftsmanship that was used to make them.  Maybe he will evolve this talent into the future.  He loves the outdoors and nature and exploring and hiking and goofing around.  Maybe something will call to him down a path that boasts all of these things.  He is a lover of the television, of the cinematic enterprise and of drama and of girls.  Maybe he will go on to do something with his life that includes all of these traits.

It is hard speculate where he will end up.

It is hard to speculate as to where any of us will end up.

One thing is for certain, he has a good heart.  do you ever find yourself looking at a familiar face taking not that the expression they are giving you is one so representative of them?  Well this is no beauty shot but it is a Connor face.  I love these  last three images of him because they depict one of my favorite expressions on one of my favorite faces in the world.  My little brother is a goofy (notice the soul patch hairs peeking out under his lower lip), light hearted, easy going person most of the time and I love him for it.  He is my best friend.  It always amazes me when people talk about disliking or not being close to any of their siblings because I couldn't imagine not being close with mine.  Connor and I have grown up together.  We know all of each other's faults, strengths, weaknesses, ticks, buttons and sweet spots.  There is no falsity in our relationship, no deception;  it just is, we just are, and we will continue to just be.

And he will just be.  It doesn't matter to me if he goes to college, although Evergreen State in Washington may be a good choice for him.  What does matter is that he finds something that makes him happy, that he can find pride and joy in doing, and that he has a healthy passion for.  Connor and I were scaling Eagle Point in Evergreen when I shot this photo.  Hopefully he will find what he is looking for and eventually make it there, no matter the mountains, streams, and fallen logs he must conquer along the way.




Comments

  1. Give Connor my love and blessings...and a big, big, hug! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts