Animal Behavior Lab

Animal Behavior is a very interesting class but the labs are worthless.  For example, we had to go out and observe squirrels, recording their habitat preference and their position within that habitat type as height above the ground.  The weather was bad and there were few squirrels out and the ones we saw were all in dumpsters not exhibiting natural habitat preferences at all and the lab was set up incorrectly for misinformed data collection and the whole thing was just a waste of my time!  All of the labs are like this.  I wish I hadn't once calculated the hours of my life I have wasted in labs for this class.  It pains me to think what useful thing I could have been doing with all of that time.

Nonetheless, here is an image of a squirrel.  It's nothing great but it definitely shows a little of the curiosity these squirrels have because they have been so habituated.

Comments

Popular Posts