Here Comes the Sun, doo doo doot doo


Things are looking up.  The sun has come out and chased away the rain clouds that, both figuratively and realistically, were darkening my head.  Though everyone suffers slightly from Seasonal Affective Disorder (mood swings linked to the amount of sunlight received), I am affected a little more than most (my winter quarter grades at DU are sound evidence for this trend).  Why did I choose such a rainy, cloudy, overcast location then you ask?  All I can say is…. I HAVE NO IDEA!  Needless to say, Vitamin D supplements were the only thing keeping me going for a while, and now that there’s sun I feel elated, a whole new person even and very happy to be here. 

In addition, I’m really settling into some of my current friendships and have found a few other people that I just ‘click’ with.  There’s a saying that “A true friend is one who reaches for your hand but touches your heart”.  It’s a refreshing relief to have found people with the power to affect me in such a way.  Each one of them, despite their negative quirks and especially for their entertaining ones, is a true and authentic individual and they value the same characteristic in me; at least I hope they do.  All of them share my ideals of hard work equals hard fun, are extremely intelligent, very athletic/outdoorsy, very open-minded/organic, and just happy to be alive.  They are the kind of people I draw inspiration from, I can admire, and who I can trust. 

It amazes me how everything works out the way it’s supposed to.  These new friendships came into my life in a flurry of days, just as quick as the sunshine.  It’s as if someone or something out there needed to remind me what it means to be a good friend and what I was missing back home, but once I had learned my lessons, threw me a bone to ensure I still had a great time until I made it back there.  Ultimately it’s all about patience, it’s all about trust in the world and the belief that if you do right by it, it will do right by you. 

Comments

Popular Posts