Down


3/18/12
Lately I haven’t felt like the best person.  It’s been hard for me to listen to other people, I mean REALLY listen, let their words seep into my pores and remember them.  It’s been hard for me to even justify pretending to care.  I don’t know what the deal is; I’m usually a great listener and a great giver of advice. It bothers me when I can’t be a good friend, even to a stranger, when it becomes a hassle to meet new people or to catch up with a friend or strengthen a bond with an acquaintance.  Lately, though, I’ve been so foggy, so sluggish, and so down. 

Today I realized how selfish this was. Today I told myself the world doesn’t evolve around me, that it was time to pick myself off, dust off my pants, GET SOME SLEEP, and do something nice for someone else- listen.


Comments

  1. Doesn't "evolve" around you - the best slip-up you could have made. Indeed, it DOES. Remember, it is fantastic to catch yourself and be kind to others, but as westerners, we have been taught that being compassionate to ourselves is selfish and this is ridiculous. The Dalai Lama has never understood us! In the east, everyone assumes that being compassionate and kind to oneself is intrinsic to their being able to be compassionate and of service to others. So, rather than expend negative energy on others when feeling down, love yourself. Take a nice bath, embrace your inner self like a little baby and nurture it. Be with yourself and know what it is to be a never-ending font of love. You are pure potential. I hope you are feeling better. Namaste - Tristen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts