Candle Light

While in the church where I took yesterday's photo, I found a prayer room with a single candle lit.  I have recently become more interested in low light photography and what can be done with it.  I have never done much low light photography because it usually requires a very long exposure time, a tripod, and a lot of patience (which I don't have) to get a focused image.  I do, however, like the idea of playing in photographs (which is usually why I like to explore with saturation) and so I've started to play with light sources in low light situations.  Candles are perfect for this.  The bottom-most photograph is a relatively fast exposure time with no movement of the camera.  The other three images are examples of a longer shutter speed while I gently moved the camera back and forth in the air.  I like this technique because it gives life to the inanimate object.  I think I will try this technique again in the future, maybe attempting to draw recognizable forms.

Comments

Popular Posts