London

I've never been the type of person to be really drawn to Europe.  I've just always felt it was a version of America, just a little older and comes with an accent and a little more attitude.  I did find myself in London, however, for a twelve hour layover from the US on my way to Nairobi.  What's better was that I was on the group flight.  What better way to make thirty college kids get to know each other than to put them in a foreign city for twelve hours without any supervision?  The School for Field Studies is genius!  I was able to become well acquainted with many of the people I will be studying and living with for the next three and a half months.  What's even better is that we all were able to share in on the British beer and cider together before entering such a long dry spell.  

Big Ben was pretty cool too.  And we saw a hobo in a park who had seemed to have made friends with every single pigeon within a fifty mile radius.  They covered him, the grass around him, and everything nearby including trees and fence posts.  

Comments

Popular Posts