Hong Kong

We were in Hong Kong for two days, one night.  I've never seen so many people in my life nor construction to accommodate their growing numbers.  Hong Kong is an independent capitalist nation.  It has recently been turned over from Portugal and England back to the Chinese communist Chinese government which has decided to maintain the capitalist economy due to the massive amounts of revenue it rakes in.   Hong Kong also boasts one of the most beautiful skylines in the world and some of the best nightlife I've ever experienced.


Our hotel accommodations.

We took the Peak Tram up to the top of Victoria Peak to see the great views.  Macau is across the waterway and the vivid green nature of Victoria Peak contrasts vividly against the the skyscrapers of both metropolises.  

This was a pretty large and creepy spider.



I find playing with the shutter speed a lot of fun.  One can cause the Hong Kong skyline to look like a resonating instrument boasting the cacophony of its millions of people, or it can be just another man made structure that will fade into the wind over the course of time. 


 When we were taking pictures of the Hong Kong skyline from Macau, I thought it was entertaining that hundreds of people were taking pictures of the exact same thing.  I thought I would get a picture of them doing just that.  


Comments

Popular Posts