How to Decorate Abroad


The perfect decorations for any international student, or tenant with an inflexible landlord.

Do you remember all of those pictures I was flipping through last week?  Well, looking at pictures makes me happy and I’m not sad but I’m not happy and I can’t paint the washed out walls of my rented flat room a brighter color in the hopes of warming it with a little more cheer so I spent NZ$38 to print over 200 photos of some of my favorite captured moments and over three hours down memory lane taping each and every one of them with loving hands into the new cracks and dimples of my life.  A good idea?  You betchya!  Now I procrastinate by spending endless hours jumping from one memory to the next alone or answering a multitude of questions from the people that flit in and out of my room.  It’s a great conversation starter, a decently cheap way to decorate without destroying the walls and saying goodbye to my deposit, it makes me happy and I can take it home with me.  Whoever thought of it was genius. 



Comments

Popular Posts