In the words of Alea Marie Gardner

I have had the pleasure of watching a lovely girl grow into an astoundingly beautiful young woman, inside and out.  Her character, her passion for life and the people tossled about by its current, her sincere naivete to life's cruelties, and her compassion are all traits I deeply cherish in her.  And who knew she could write so well.  Here's a little bit of a perfectly written moment in the life of Alea Marie Gardner:

There are moments in life when you sit on a bus in a city that you have grown up in, literally grown from child to (semi) adult in, and a flood of memories flash through your mind, moments when you realize how grueling, burdensome and devastating, yet miraculous and terrifyingly wonderful life can be, moments when you look into the eyes of people that have changed your life and feel an unspeakable yet unbreakable love for them. Moments. Right now, it's one of those moments. It's after 11 pm, it's my last night in Zhuhai, China and it's a moment I want to remember.

Thank you, friends, for sharing, crying and laughing with me. Thank you, family, for putting up with me, for not always understanding, but for allowing and for being separated by millions of miles but constantly surrounding me with your love. Thank you, life, for continuously pulling me under the water to teach me that there is more than one way to swim to the surface and that there is beauty in the moments that you reach it again. Thank you China, for becoming a part of me, for teaching me, for drastically changing my perception of the world and for challenging me, yet letting me find a home and a connection with you. This is moment when 3 cumulative years flash before your eyes and you realize that God and adventure are the most amazing things that have ever happened to you. A moment when your eyes fill with tears and your heart explodes with joy and rips with pain as you realize that all you have in life are moments. Enjoy your life, friends, don't waste a single minute of it. Before you know it, an entire chapter of it has ended and all you have is a moment to let every one of your emotions rush in, to let all of the lessons seep through the layers of your heart, and to realize that the true measure of life can be found in these moments. WIth that, I want to say Goodbye, Zhuhai, Goodbye China. Thank you for the moments.

Comments

Popular Posts