Relationship anecdote


I just wanted to add this to the relationship comments in my last post.  I think it holds a lot of value for anyone and everyone and pertains really to anything and everything in life:

After my high school sweet heart and I broke up freshman year of university, I sat down and wrote a list of the characteristics I never wanted in a partner again.  I told one of the great mentors in my life about this thinking she’d support it, but she just exhaled and looked at me solemnly.  Then she said that you attract what you put out into the world.  By putting out negative thoughts I would get negative reactions.  I should tear up my never-again list and write a yes-please list instead- a list of all of the qualities I do want in a partner.  I got her point and did as she said.  The immediate change was amazing.  Guys were (and still are) coming into my life with not all, but some of the qualities I am looking for.  Even though they haven’t had them all doesn’t mean they aren’t worth my time, and though I have only dated a few and none of them have stuck so far, many of the ones I’ve dated and haven’t dated and I are still good friends.  Maybe one of these days I’ll find a guy with some if not all of my yes-pleases, but until then I can never have too many friends.  

Comments

Popular Posts