DR Update 2


Finding written documentation in this country is like finding a needle in a haystack.  No one’s in a real hurry to work and organize paperwork, and even in less of a hurry to record anything.  I understand their mentality- it is what it is- but it makes for very difficult proposal writing.  Yesterday our final transect day in the ranch was cancelled because Mto wa Mbu was completely flooded, and it was.  I got to see it. Ash, Brenna and I went with Doktari into town to try to locate demographic and TANAPA records that we’ve been searching for for several weeks now.  We didn’t lay hands on a single piece of paper in four hours, but we did find out that there’s a man that PROBABLY has what we’re looking for but he won’t be back in until Monday.  Aren’t we lucky?  Back to camp for hours of data entry.  One positive is that I got a very nice email from Abra today.  I know everyone’s very skeptical but there’s nothing romantic there.  We’re just very comfortable with one another and got to an intimate plutonic level very fast.  It was nice to hear from him.  

Comments

  1. I am glad you are working hard and doing well. I do not know who Abra is, but I do know that when you are able to truly *see* another, it is because you are both in tune with Ohm, the wavelength of the universe as it courses through you both, for we are all one...

    I am always so very proud of you and your accomplishments. Perhaps we are living parallel lives right now, as only 2 hours south of Denver, this new landscape and community is as foreign to me as a new country - maybe more so in comparison with my trips to Europe...

    By the way - how would you compare your time on the African continent with your reading of Cry, The Beloved Country? I know you *loved* that book. ;) I would be interested to know how you would now interpret the text...

    May you be happy, may you be well, may you be safe, peaceful, and at ease.

    Namaste, Tristen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts